“A Seclusion Room Intercom between the patient in the seclusion room and the staff in the corridor is provided via a speaker and microphone mounted in the ceiling of the seclusion room and an Intercom Panel in the Corridor”
A Seclusion Room Intercom can provide:
- Hands Free Communications
- Ceiling Mounted Microphone & Speaker
- Forced One Way Communication
- En-Suite (Option)
- Remote Music Input (Option)
- Remote Intercom station can be fitted at Nurse Base.(Option)
Seclusion Room Intercom Description
Communications between the patient in the seclusion room and the staff in the corridor is provided via a speaker and microphone mounted in the ceiling of the seclusion room, and an intercom station in the corridor.
The flush mounted corridor intercom (Surface Mounted can be supplied as an option) station can listen to the seclusion room and if they need to speak to the patient they press and hold the “T” button to talk.
Option of Second Microphone and Speaker in the En-Suite Option.
Playing Music is possible when music option is installed, we supply the AVID unit which has 3 inputs. 3.5 mm jack, 2 x RCA and screw terminals, Plus Bluetooth.
We have supplied over 80 systems for hospitals in the UK.
- Corridor Station should be mounted for easy operator access, this is flush mounted. (surface mount can be supplied at special request)
- We recommend the System Control Box is mounted outside of the room, above The ceiling in the Corridor is recommended for future access if adjustments are required.
- Cable between Corridor station and the Control box is CAT5 cable
- Mains power is required for the System Control Box.
- Cable for microphone should be screened microphone cable 31-059 CANFORD FST-LFH CABLE 1 pair Black or equivalent
- The speaker requires 2 core speaker cable Speaker Cable 224-GY West Penn Wire or equivalent
- System Drawing
- To Communicate with the room, press top button, this will open two way communications.
- Use the middle button to force call to the room. (Used when patient is making extreme noise)
- This will set up one-way communication, let go of the middle button to return to listen mode.
- To cancel all communications (Switch OFF) press the bottom button.
Avid3 Used when an Audio input is required.
An ideal solution for AV and single-room voice or sound reinforcement applications, the AVID3 Stereo Amplifier can be fitted into a 2-gang wall plate or surface mounted and features 3 x audio source inputs (3.5mm jack, 2 x RCA and screw terminal), line level sensitivity switch and bright LED display.
AVID3 In-wall Amplifier
- Stereo amplifier fitted to UK 2-gang Wall plate
- New higher power 2 x 12W output (RMS)
- Bluetooth connectivity for wireless audio input of iPhone, iPad, smartphones, etc
- 3 x Wired Input Sources: Stereo Phono, 3.5mm Stereo Jack (Jack has priority and Wired Input Terminal (on rear PCB)
- Line Level Sensitivity Switch
- Control of ON/OFF and volume via illuminated push button located on the front panel
- Infrared remote control of ON/OFF, volume, balance and tone facilities (supplied as standard).
- Clear LED level indicator/setting status display
- Screw terminations on the rear of the unit for Loudspeakers, power and wired line input
- Separate Loudspeaker balance adjustment to allow system set up (control located on rear of unit)
- Includes Plug top Power Supply
- Also includes Wall mounted Bracket for remote control
Here at RingUK we have a considered approach to Specifying Intercom Systems, based on methodically detailing every aspect of each client’s needs. It is then and only then that we are accurately able to design an intercom system that fulfills the exact specifications of the client.
Over the years Specifying Intercom Systems this exacting approach has enabled us to develop a solid aggregate understanding of each sector whose intercom requirements we deal with. In drawing upon this we are able to quickly develop a blueprint that we then tailor to the specifics of each client’s brief. The efficacy of this procedure means we are very rarely unable to overcome unforeseen problems – if ever.
You cannot buy experience, and it’s our experience in Specifying Intercom Systems that makes us great at adapting and thinking laterally to devise the best intercom solution for our clients. This often means taking a standard intercom system and integrating it with specialized design features to create a setup that is equal in its uniqueness to the exacting needs of the client.
This is all part of an overall standard of service that we feel is unavailable elsewhere within our industry. We place a premium on total customer satisfaction, which is why we are always looking to extend and improve our product range, and to maximize value. Our position within the industry in terms of our size, reputation and our relationship with suppliers means we are able to cut costs without cutting corners.
With many years of experience in the broadcast and communications industry, RingUK have built up an impressive portfolio of products and knowledge from leading manufacturers.
RingUK specialises in assisting buyers, specifiers and end-users in the process of recommending and purchasing specialist communications equipment for various commercial applications including:
Our specialist communications advice team has over 25 years of experience, specifying and commissioning communications systems that meet the objectives of our clients. Our service centres on enabling our clients with the information necessary to make an informed decision when investing in suitable communications equipment.
For more information
- Contact intercom specialists Ring UK today for professional advice about which system you should go for. We will assess your requirements and research and explain all the options available to you to help you or your client choose a perfect Intercom system that meets your needs.
Contact us via our Intercom Enquiry Form