“When the AlphaCom audio messaging license is activated, the AlphaCom XE server will have a set of default messages such as absence, alarm and general information messages”
- Support wide set of applications including auto-attendant, PA broadcasting, voice response and voice driven menus
- Safe and reliable storage of audio message in flash memory
- Easy to record messages from PC
- Easy to initiate audio messages from 3rd party systems using OPC, STENTOFON SDK or STENTOFON Data Protocol
Description AlphaCom Audio Messaging
Both the Basic and the Enhanced Audio Messaging Licenses have the capability of storing and playing audi messages from the AlphaCom XE server. The messages are stored in safe and reliable flash memory on the main processor card. The feature set of the license is compatible with that of the ASVP card, but offers some important functionalities in addition.
The audio messaging license offers a wide set of applications and functions, some of which are:
- Live PA and group call broadcast with recall for handling feedback and verifying messages
- Prestored PA and group call broadcast
- Scheduled or event-based PA and group call broadcast
- Auto-attendant with voice guided menus for handling incoming calls
- Voice response for call request waiting messages and absence messages
- Integration with 3rd party systems via OPC, STENTOFON SDK and STENTOFON Data Protocol
When the audio messaging license is activated, the AlphaCom XE server will have a set of default messages such as absence, alarm and general information messages. It is easy to modify the default messages as well as to add new messages. Both new and modified messages can be recorded from an intercom station.
Furthermore, it is possible to create messages on a PC and upload these to the server via AlphaWeb. This means that you can use your favorite audio and music programs to create messages, which can then be
uploaded to the AlphaCom XE server.
The audio messaging license comes in three versions – Basic, Enhanced and PA Recall. The licenses are different in terms of:
- Audio storage capacity
- Set of default audio messages
- Interactive complex message generation (Enhanced License only)
- Compatibility with hardware versions (see Specifications overleaf)
Here at RingUK we have a considered approach to Specifying Intercom Systems, based on methodically detailing every aspect of each client’s needs. It is then and only then that we are accurately able to design an intercom system that fulfills the exact specifications of the client.
Over the years Specifying Intercom Systems this exacting approach has enabled us to develop a solid aggregate understanding of each sector whose intercom requirements we deal with. In drawing upon this we are able to quickly develop a blueprint that we then tailor to the specifics of each client’s brief. The efficacy of this procedure means we are very rarely unable to overcome unforeseen problems – if ever.
You cannot buy experience, and it’s our experience in Specifying Intercom Systems that makes us great at adapting and thinking laterally to devise the best intercom solution for our clients. This often means taking a standard intercom system and integrating it with specialized design features to create a setup that is equal in its uniqueness to the exacting needs of the client.
This is all part of an overall standard of service that we feel is unavailable elsewhere within our industry. We place a premium on total customer satisfaction, which is why we are always looking to extend and improve our product range, and to maximize value. Our position within the industry in terms of our size, reputation and our relationship with suppliers means we are able to cut costs without cutting corners.
With many years of experience in the broadcast and communications industry, RingUK have built up an impressive portfolio of products and knowledge from leading manufacturers.
RingUK specialises in assisting buyers, specifiers and end-users in the process of recommending and purchasing specialist communications equipment for various commercial applications including:
Our specialist communications advice team has over 25 years of experience, specifying and commissioning communications systems that meet the objectives of our clients. Our service centres on enabling our clients with the information necessary to make an informed decision when investing in suitable communications equipment.
For more information
- Contact intercom specialists Ring UK today for professional advice about which system you should go for. We will assess your requirements and research and explain all the options available to you to help you or your client choose a perfect Intercom system that meets your needs.
Contact us via our Intercom Enquiry Form