“Intercom SIP (Session Initiation Protocol) is the standard for VoIP (Voice over IP) adopted by major telecom equipment manufacturers. Today there is a wide range of Intercom SIP equipment ranging from IP, DECT and Wi-Fi telephones, telephone gateways and IP PBX”
Introduced in 2005, the STENTOFON AlphaCom E was the first intercom system that supported SIP Intercom. AlphaCom E & XE incorporating SIP Intercom provides all the benefits of the STENTOFON system as well as the latest advancements in IP telephony, making it the most comprehensive intercom solution in the industry.
The SIP standard allows you to connect equipment from different manufacturers, thus offering a number of benefits including:
- Easier to connect regardless of the type of system in use
- Faster response even as more people are connected
- Various types of terminals can be interconnected
- Optimized infrastructure through minimizing server hardware
- Enhanced user experience due to seamless integration (calling plan, number and name presentation)
The AlphaCom E & XE exchange can be connected directly to a SIP-enabled telephone system or via a gateway to an analogue or ISDN system. With SIP, users from both the telephone network and intercom exchange can make and transfer calls between the two systems. Finally, SIP allows IP phones to be connected directly to the AlphaCom E exchange.