“SIP (Session Initiation Protocol) is the standard for VoIP (Voice over IP) communication adopted by major telecom equipment manufacturers”
The SIP standard allows you to connect equipment from different manufacturers, thus offering a number of benefits including:
- Easier to connect regardless of the type of communication system in use
- Faster response even as more people are connected
- Various types of communication terminals can be interconnected
- Optimized communication infrastructure through minimizing server hardware
- Enhanced user experience due to seamless integration (calling plan, number and name presentation)
SIP Intercom System Description
SIP (Session Initiation Protocol) is the standard for VoIP (Voice over IP) communication adopted by major telecom equipment manufacturers. Today there is a wide range of SIP enabled equipment ranging from IP, DECT and Wi-Fi telephones, telephone gateways and IP PBX.
Introduced in 2005, the STENTOFON AlphaCom E was the first intercom system that supported SIP. AlphaCom E incorporating SIP provides all the benefits of the STENTOFON system as well as the latest advancements in IP telephony, making it the most comprehensive intercom solution in the industry.
The AlphaCom E exchange can be connected directly to a SIP-enabled telephone system or via a gateway to an analog or ISDN system. With SIP, users from both the telephone network and intercom exchange can make and transfer calls between the two systems. Finally, SIP allows IP phones to be connected directly to the AlphaCom E exchange.
For more information
- Contact intercom specialists Ring UK today for professional advice about which system you should go for. We will assess your requirements and research and explain all the options available to you to help you or your client choose a perfect Intercom system that meets your needs.
Contact us via our Intercom Enquiry Form